Saturday 1 March 2014

If my paintings were people.

If my paintings were people and had feelings and could talk... I imagine some of them would feel as though they were more impressive than the others.... They might feel proud and flash their glistening colours or feel superior for their oily sheen.... My craft works might feel overlooked by the more expensive frames , and the big pictures would possibly think they were of more value than the small..... But they would all be wrong. The simple designs might argue they are more serene than their  highly detailed  counterparts and those decorative pieces might loathe the emptiness of simplicity.  If they took credit for their lovely lines, their certain themes... they would be missing the point. That it was me! And they are all designed by me and only are existing because I actually brought them into being from out of my mind first. So many haven't made it yet. Each one created with care and artistic inspiration- or if not care, then wild abandon and exploration- every one a special experience. Not one of them considered finished by me until they are just right. So, my paintings and my drawings and my craftworks all are equally important as they are mine! They all have a purpose , some created for grand reasons... some for smaller ones.... but really... to me, they are part of my collection, an extension of my creative love . They would have no right to put each other down or compete in any way that is not constructive.

1 comment:

  1. this is just moronic rubbish but if we dont compete, what are we even here for?

    ReplyDelete